Parnell (Parnie) Houghton
F, #12850, (14 April 1730 - 25 January 1816)
|Father*||Benjamin Houghton1 b. s 1700|
|Mother*||Ruth Wheelock1 b. s 1703|
|Appears on charts:||Descendants of Henry/1w Brooks|
Descendants of John/2w Brooks
Descendants of Jabez/3w Brooks
Descendants of John/4w Brooks
|Last Edited:||10 Aug 2017|
Children with John/4w Brooks:
Parnell (Parnie) Houghton was born 14 Apr 1730 at Lancaster, Massachusetts, and there baptised 17 Apr at the First Church.1 There she married, as his 3rd wife, 20 Oct 1748 (int. 9 Sep), John/4w Brooks, son of Jabez/3w Brooks and Hepsibah/3 Cutter, with whom she had 4 children.2 Received into communion at Chocksett (Second) Church, West Parish, Lancaster (now Sterling), 19 Nov 1749.3 Named executor with son Benjamin in her husband's will, dated 30 Aug 1783 at Charlemont, Massachusetts.4,5 She is said to have died 25 Jan 1816 (age 85).6
- [S130] Henry S. Nourse, Lancaster Records, 47, Parnee Houghton b.; 59, Parne Houghton b.; 280, bp.
- [S130] Nourse, Lancaster Records, 22, John Brooks/Parnie Houghton m.; 32, Mr John Brooks/Parmer Houghton, int.
- [S130] Nourse, Lancaster Records, 376, Chocksett Church records: wife of Jno. Brooks rec. into comm.
- [S309] Clara Hill, personal communication, 31 Jan 1999.
- [S747] Index to Pease's Hampshire County Probate Abstracts, John Brooks, 15:207 (index, 64).
- [S307] Annette Anderson, citing Clara Hill, Henry Brooks and Me, p. unrecorded.
- [S130] Nourse, Lancaster Records, 75, Parnee Brooks b.
- [S130] Nourse, Lancaster Records, 79, Elizabeth Brooks b.; 376, Elisabeth Brooks bp.
- [S130] Nourse, Lancaster Records, 91, Benja. Brooks b.
- [S130] Nourse, Lancaster Records, 96, Sylvia Brook b.; 387, Sylvia Brooks bp.